Monday, January 24, 2011

Healthy Girls!

Today we had a double doctor appointment... both girls were great!

Seoul actually said "Hello Dr. Palmer" and "Thank you Dr. Palmer"... even if it was a whisper. He was impressed with her speaking and comprehension when he asked her to do something. The nurse took her blood pressure and she was such a champ - it was adorable! (I think it helped she saw me get my blood pressure taken at all the doctor appointments for Sydney so it wasn't a new concept.) The promise of a sucker after her shots probably helped her good attitude :)

Seoul's 2-year-old stats:
Height - 36 inches (90th percentile)
Weight - 30 lb 3 oz (90th percentile)

[The nurse said her adult height can be estimated by doubling her 2 year height - really?? She could be 6 feet tall?? Hmmm....]

She loves to color. We love that she holds the crayons the way adults write.

One day she didn't want to nap and came out of her room wearing this clown nose. How could I be mad at that silly face?

Seoul loves playing in the castle at the Canby Library.

Every day we play blocks... she loves building towers... and more importantly, knocking down the towers Kelley and I build.

Always doing silly things with that tongue of hers!


Sydney is growing like a weed already but she is all skin and bones! She is holding her head up on her own for little periods of time and has started pushing with her legs. Dr Palmer is impressed by her development as well. Yay for healthy babies!

Sydney's 2-week-old stats:
Length - 21 1/8 inches (75th percentile)
Weight - 7 lb 9 oz (25th percentile)
Head - 14 inches (50th percentile)

[Same as I said with Seoul... long body, little head... haha!]

Looking very excited for life outside the hospital.

First sponge bath... she loves having her hair washed.

More often than not she has her hands/arms up around her face... just like the ultrasound pictures.

She isn't really sleeping and does enjoy her tummy time every day.

Looking so excited about her first official piece of mail addressed to her!

4 comments:

Brady and Brittney said...

I don't know why, but I'm amazed at how different the girls look! They're individuals and that's soooo coool!
Oh, and I hate it when Audrey is too cute to be mad at.. so not fair!

Deryk and Becky said...

Wow, is it just me or does Sydney look like just like a mini-Joo Lin?! I thought Seuol had a lot of your looks, but Sydney is like the newborn copy of you! (not that I saw you as a baby, hehe!)

Jennifer Richins said...

Wowser...you've got some pretty cute little girls.

A.Lee said...

Your girls are so cute. And Seoul with that nose is so dang adorable! BTW yes, she is really tall! My kids are that height at like 3-4 years old. Midgets.