Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here comes Sydney!

We thought that it would be fun to post on the blog the events of today. Enjoy!

07:17 AM - We are currently at the hospital and we are both very anxious and nervous. We already miss Seoul!

07:42 AM - We just realized that we are in room 11. Creepy! (1/11/11 room 11).

10:12 AM - IV's all hooked up and we are ready to go!!! Minor contractions...Joo Lin is ready to go home now.

01:36 PM - Kelley left me for Qdoba's nachos... I'm jealous. Contractions are stronger but no baby yet. Cross your fingers for me!

02:00 PM - Watching "Bringing Home Baby" while waiting to have a baby.

02:25 PM - Joo Lin just informed me that we missed the 1:11 time and that we WON'T be having it at 11:11 pm.

03:00 - 04:00 PM - Watching "I didn't know I was pregnant" on TLC.

03:15 PM - Joo Lin is a super trooper...Dr. Epidural starts process.

03:45 PM - Epidural flowing! (Joo Lin is super funny; she keeps slapping her leg to see if she can feel it).

06:00 PM - We're getting close!!!

06:50 PM - Joo Lin's at a 10 cm...she is laboring down.

08:15 PM - Waiting for the oncall doctor to get done delivering another baby!

09:29 PM - SYDNEY LOUISE RICE!!! 6 lbs 15 ounces, 19.5 inches. Mommy and baby are doing well.

10 comments:

Jerilee E. said...

Get that girl out in the next hour for 1:11 birth time :). Or wait until 11:11 pm. Don't you want to be in labor for the next 11 hours? ;)
Ok, that's not funny to a woman in labor. Sorry!

Jerilee E. said...

also, good luck and congratulations!!

spudette said...

So exciting!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!
~Marti

Amy said...

I love that you are blogging the events of the day - very fun (Amy F)

Melody said...

I love that you are watching baby shows while having a baby, too funny! Keep us posted, we are on the edge of our seats!

The Evans Family said...

The suspense is killing me! I'm thinking of you guys!

Brady and Brittney said...

I love this! Thanks for the updates! This will be so cool for journaling too! Go JooLin!

Janelle said...

Congrats! I love her name, and love your city theme. (I read your blog all the time, but I don't think I've ever commented). Can't wait to see pictures!

Jenn Mize said...

YAY! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures! :)

Deryk and Becky said...

Ok, so first of all that is so COOL that you were in room 11, not creepy at all! Second, I would have totally kept that baby in until 11:11 pm! lol! Seriously though, my stubborn kids passed up having cool birthdays (06/06/06 and 07/07/07) so I am wild with envy that you have a 1/11/11 babe!