Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Other Christmas Activities

Advent Calendar

Seoul LOVED the advent calendar we got from Kelley's mom. There are little toys to hang up in Santa's workshop for each day. She lived for the time Kelley got home from work and they'd get the next piece out. Even after Christmas she asked for it... and was SO sad when we had to put it all away until next year.





Gingerbread House

For FHE one night we surprised Kelley with a gingerbread house kit from Target. Seoul was SO excited for him to come home so we could put it together. In her world, that meant eating all the candy :)






I admit it was quite the learning experience for me to let a small child touch everything and "do it herself"! Kelley had to remind me that it was OK that it wasn't perfect. Seoul had so much fun and I think it turned out very cute. (The downside was that she had lots of candy so maybe that is why she had difficulty going to bed that night!)



Christmas Goodies

Kelley, Seoul, and I made sugar cookies. Seoul is in love with sprinkles and yellow frosting! Kelley is a pro at CUTE decorated sugar cookies whereas I just smear one color frosting with some sprinkles on top.






Christmas Dress

Or should I say New Years Dress? Haha! I'm a terrible procrastinator in the first place and with this big belly it made it even harder to finish it in time. Either way it got done. (With two girls I better start in October!) Seoul had a ball talking about her "new dress" with each part that I finished. I am pleased with the way it turned out and she seems to love it.


Bodice & first sleeve

Bodice and first ruffle (although obviously not sewn together yet).

The finished product. Love it!

3 comments:

Nhat & Jessica said...

Uh oh! Do I detect a future Duck fan? Seoul seems to like Yellow a lot!

The Evans Family said...

The dress turned out darling! I love it, good job!

Brady and Brittney said...

I was just admiring the dress picture on the left of your blog and I wondered if I could hire you to make one for my kiddos next year!! tee hee. Oh and where did Kelley's mom get that advent calendar!?!?! I love love love it and wanted one this year!