Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy 9-month birthday "Baby Girl"!

Today is Sydney is 9 months old and we've loved every minute of having her in our lives.. and look forward to many more!

This picture is silly - her eyes are closed (as with most pictures) but I love her toothy smile!

She had her well-baby appointment today and did great. She cried just a minute when she got her shots but then was happy. The doctor of course said she is healthy, however, he finds it odd she's only gained yet another 2 ounces since her 6-month appointment. (4 total ounces in 4 months). So he said to really push the table food and come back in a month so she can be weighed and measured again. Kelley & I aren't real concerned - she is healthy and growing.

Stats:
Length: 27-1/4 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 15 lbs 13 oz (10th percentile)
Head: 17-1/4 inches (50th percentile)



First dinner tonight of all the same food we had. Loved it! Tried the spoon, discarded the spoon, fistfuls in the mouth - yum!




She is truly on the verge of crawling. She gets fully up on her hands and knees, and a couple times had brief forward motion. I also think she has gotten from her tummy into a sitting position a couple times as well. Plus she is learning to keep her balance and stand holding on to furniture. It is so fun to see her progress, although I think it will be a bit chaotic as I try and get used to new routines (she just sits and plays so nicely and I can wander the house doing various tasks). Exciting times, though! 



Tonight we celebrated by playing dress-up and dancing around the house. (Thanks Dubbee for the Belle dress-up dress!)




Still just two bottom teeth, although she chews awfully hard on everything so I think top teeth are coming soon. She claps her hands a lot. She can wave her arm and it sounds like she's saying "hi" which is cute! Her "mama" and "dada" are more frequent, along with lots of sounds and just general 'talking' to us.

This pictures is old but I have to include it... I was in denial that she outgrew the cradle until I saw her like this after a nap one day. Poor baby!

We love our precious little girl!

2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

It's hard to believe she is already that old! The last picture of her is darling, what a sweet little girl.

Amy said...

Pretty much she is adorable! Happy 9 months!