This year our annual camping trip with our fantastic friends, the Springer Family, was at Silver Creek Falls. Great accommodations, perfect weather, reminisced a bit (this was where Kelley & I went on our first date and where he proposed to me), and made some great new memories! We're very glad we went for 3 days, 2 nights this time so we had more time to enjoy being there rather than just loading and unloading. The food situation went smoother this year since we simplified the menu, and I even tried dutch oven peach cobbler.
Landin, Jr, and Brittany stretching their legs after we arrived.
Seoul & Kelley setting up the tent. She was a great little helper! It was an adventure since we borrowed a bigger tent from my brother. This time we had plenty of room with our air mattress and the pack-n-play. Seoul, Kelley, and I squished together on our full-size mattress. The first night I slept for a while on the ground because Kelley & Seoul looked so comfy and cozy together. It wasn't bad - I can sleep anywhere. Was the mattress better? Let's just say Seoul is a bed hog!
Family walk. Sydney was so chill this camping trip, it was fun! There was a covered bridge the kids loved. Unfortunately Seoul discovered she could look down and see the water through the cracks... then she didn't want to walk across by herself.
There was a fun tree that was hollow at the base. Seoul surprised me by wanting to hang out in it.
Saturday we went hiking around the falls. Interesting times with little ones but it was fun. We powered through. Brittany is a champ for pushing Landin in the umbrella stroller the entire time... and leading the pack! We had a picnic down by the falls. Seoul calls them "waterfells" (because she is learning the different tenses... she knows she fell once so that is her association).
Seoul was intent on going swimming so we went back to the day use area of South Falls and played in the water.
This is the spot Kelley proposed to me New Years Day 2005 [South Falls - directly behind the water fall]. I enjoyed thinking of all the wonderful things that we've done since that day as we were hiking around. (Yes, that is Sydney's head down - sleeping - on Kelley's back). Haha - aren't we a great looking family?!
I love spending time with good friends and family! Thanks Springer Fam!
2 comments:
Sounds like a nice camping trip. Lee proposed to me in the exact same spot (but in 1997...)! We take a family picture at that spot whenever we go.
Oh I love camping! Looks like so much fun! Is that a BYU shirt I see Kelley wearing? :) I thought he only wears orange and black!
Post a Comment