Thursday, March 21, 2013

Seoul's 4th Birthday!

I can't believe we have a 4-year-old! She is so excited about being 4.

The last six months has brought amazing growth and change in our beautiful girl! She has become more independent and sociable! (a day I never thought I'd see!) Of course she's still our smartie pants - writes and draws all the time, along with knowing lots of sight words and beginning to read on her own. Lately it's all about asking questions - she has an insatiable curiosity and still has a great memory. Asserting her independence, she is definitely trying to figure out her emotions and energies.

Per "tradition" (as dictated by Seoul since we did it at Sydney's birthday and she had to have the same), we started the day with donuts and chocolate milk. The really funny thing is that she doesn't drink chocolate milk. A new birthday shirt and socks rounded out the morning breakfast.






Then we had play group with our friends. Adrienne planned a super fun activity with balloons and fly swatters. The girls always play together, even with all the other kids around. Adrienne also did a science experiment blowing up a balloon with yeast. The kids were enthralled! We ended with the mini cupcakes Seoul brought to share with her friends. Such a fun morning!





For a birthday lunch we went to Chipotle with Daddy in Portland. Since Kelley wouldn't be home after work she opened her family gifts in the car - a set of beginner Encyclopedias. She was really into the Rocks and Earth books first.






Her favorite...

... color is red.

... letters are S and T.

... songs are I Am a Child of God, Picture a Christmas, and Hark! The Herald Angels Sing.

... games are Treasure Hunt and Tag.

... princesses are Ariel, Rapunzel, and Melody (Ariel's daughter).

Happy 4th Birthday Princess!!

Just one more silly photo of our big girl that we love so dearly!



1 comment:

Brenna said...

She is so grown up and gorgeous! You'll have to tell me more about how she's become more independent and sociable... I'm convinced I won't ever see the day, either, with Lucas! :)