Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sydney is 2!

Our wild-child Sydney Louise is two years old! If asked she answers, "I'm 2!" I don't think she knows to answer with holding up two fingers.

Sydney is truly our sassy little independent one. She has no qualms going off on her own, doing her own thing. This child definitely tests the boundaries and knows how to push buttons (especially her big sisters!). She is a smartie pants just like her sister, though... she knows her alphabet already, counts to 12, and knows all her colors. She is constantly talking and singing - great vocabulary! When she wants to be she's a helper and cleans up. She has to do everything just like her big sister so I really think that has helped her develop earlier in a lot of ways. She already has a great imagination.

The birthday breakfast of champions - donut holes and chocolate milk!


When daddy got home we opened presents and went for dinner. She chose pizza - her favorite meal these days.


Sydney's look says it all: Why are you taking over my present?!







We had a few friends over for a little party the next day. When asked what she wanted she just wanted a "pink" party! Kelley and Seoul did a little puppet show for the kiddos. The highlight might have been the curtain constantly falling down so the kids laughed whenever they saw "behind the scenes."









Then the kids decorated pink cupcakes with pink frosting and pink candies.














Then gift time - we are thankful for generous friends! She mastered opening presents at Christmas and loves it.


Her favorite....

... color is pink.

... books are Princess books (she can identify all princesses).

... songs are I Am a Child of God, Picture a Christmas, and ABC's.

... toys are princess dolls and baby dolls.

... activity is being ON THE GO and NOISY in some way :)

We couldn't love her anymore! What a blessing she is!

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!

{Disclaimer: it was no SpongeBob party but I think we learned our lesson that 2-year-olds aren't quite ready for larger-than-life characters! Plus, I will admit - 2nd child + 2 birthdays in January = something's gotta give.}

No comments: