Thursday, March 07, 2013

the new year

We started a new and exciting year... the same as any other day :) We made some family goals and personal goals. Seoul was way into the activity and listed 10 or so things for herself. Silly girl! I have high hopes to move forward as a family to strengthen each other and others. The girls are at a great age to have small goals and accomplish them.

Kelley is in school so he kicked the girls and I out to see a movie with Grandma so he could have some study time on the holiday. We went to see Monsters, Inc. in 3D. The girls loved it (even if they didn't keep the glasses on)! Unfortunately Seoul now randomly wakes scared of monsters, although the reaction is weeks after the movie was viewed.




The girls love going to Grandma's house. She searched and finally found an old-school Jack-in-the-box and top and the girls enjoy those. Seoul also enjoys a doll bed, although sometimes I think it's more about the bedding than the doll.




Although they antagonize each other, they still love each other!



They truly are just growing and learning (and get cuter!) every day. We're so lucky!




Look at me! I'm big enough to {barely} use the rail to go up the stairs by myself!

Seoul studiously copied the way Kelley colored his picture and imitated his colors exactly.

She is very detail-oriented and colors so neatly (most of the time).

Sydney has so many different expressions! She loves to sit on Seoul's big girl bed and read her big girl books.





Seoul started Sunbeam class at Church this year. She surprised me and is doing very well in her Primary class. What a big girl... it is a long time coming since she has a January birthday so she's the oldest in her class. She has even spoken up and volunteered information!





This year we have church 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM. Not great. After having 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM sessions with kids I think 11:30 is the hardest. It disrupts lunch AND naps. Fortunately we love going to church but I'm not gonna lie, the afternoons are rather difficult sometimes since I don't do the late naps. So I sometimes do a movie late afternoon - popcorn and a relaxing movie to keep them {somewhat} entertained until early bed time. Luckily it's a treat for them since they rarely watch TV/movies any other time of the week.

{and I must admit that selfishly I miss MY after church naps!}





Believe it or not by Seoul's expression they were having a grand time with cousin Ella, as usual! They can't get enough of her and call her their best friend.


{January 2013}

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Wahoo! You're into the new year !! Time to start working on those blog books... :)
Your girls are so cute, glad we get to see and play with them often.