On Friday December 29th, the Oregon State Beaver Football team played the Missouri Tigers in the 2006 Sun Bowl in El Paso Texas. We weren't fortunate to attend the game but we were able to watch the game on the new television (42" Plasma) and also in HD (High Definition) .
The game was an emotional roller coaster. Towards the beginning of the fourth quarter, when the Beavers where trailing by 14, Joo Lin would later admit that she thought that I was going to be in a horrible mood for the rest of the day and she was trying to figure out how she was going to deal with me. Luckily the Beavers came back and with less than 30 seconds left in the game they scored a touchdown. We were screaming and jumping up down (luckily the crazy anal neighbor lady was at work) and celebrating the score. All they needed to do was kick the extra point and then the game was going to go into OT. The Tigers would end up calling a timeout, trying to ice Alexis Serna, but when the timeout was over, the Beavers were lined up for the two point conversion. The Beavers were going to attempt to win the game instead of attempting the point after touchdown (PAT). I joked with Joo Lin that they might go for the two instead of tying the game, she asked me what I would do and I told her that I would play it safe and kick the PAT. Matt Moore (QB) hiked the ball, and in slow motion, handed the ball off to Yvenson Bernard (RB).....HE SCORED!!!! THE BEAVERS WIN, THE BEAVERS WIN!!!!! 39-38
We were hooting and hollering, I told Joo Lin that I wanted to run around the apartment complex naked and she advised against it. Smart decision that was.
P.S. We updated the Beaver bathroom (and Joo Lin thinks it looks fabulous!)
No comments:
Post a Comment