
Oh, the drama! Windy and rainy yesterday, we knew it was coming... total blackness. Around 7:00 pm in our little area of Corvallis, with Kelley in his office and me in the living room, it happened. All power went out. I called for Kelley; he found the flashlight and came to find me. We lit all our candles and... realized we were hungry. So off we went to find food. We thought the other side of Corvallis or Philomath might have somewhere up and running. Nope, everywhere was pitch black. There were limbs, trees, and signs down. Back home Kelley thought of the great idea to use our propane BBQ to cook up some chicken. So, don't worry - we didn't starve :) While we ate chicken, we played the game of Life and had a grand old time.
Sometimes I tend to have laughing fits. Kelley times them, silly guy! Somehow Kelley brought up the idea to take a photo of the "great wind storm / blackout of 2006" and said it would be a black photo. It apparently hit my funny spot because I laughed hysterically. I could picture it in my head and it was the funniest thing ever. Oh, the silly times we have.
No comments:
Post a Comment