Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Jasmine got hurt :(

Jasmine (our Honda Civic Hybrid) got hurt Saturday, December 16th. We were out and about, making a stop at Costco to pick up a few things. I was driving (boo!), pulled out of the parking space, stopping to wait for a break in the cars so I could pull into the main driveway in the parking lot. A lady (driving a bit erratically, I might add, since she was stopped but then felt the need to cut off a car and pull towards us) suddenly pulled into our parking lane. I noticed that she was extremely close to Jasmine and as a driver facing another driver, which is never a good sign. Suddenly I heard the cars scrape. I yelled (to nobody) "what are you doing?!” Kelley immediately jumped out of the car and there we were with our cars touching.

I hear the other driver's voice say "she is kind of crooked..." but a witness (thank goodness!) saw everything and then gave a statement. The blue car (Jasmine) was completely stopped, the white car pulled too close when there was plenty of room. Therefore, the other driver is at fault. She then admitted it was her fault.

Kelley assessed the situation to get us out of the parking lane as we were blocking traffic. I pulled forward; we both parked in spots, and exchanged information.

We got a couple estimates and it's about $500 worth of damage. We are now trying to get it worked out and repaired. The other driver is giving us grief because she wants to pay out of pocket but only use her shady, out-of-his-garage friend. We think not. Stay posted for the results of the drama.

No comments: