Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day at the beach with Amy

While Kelley was living it up on his man-cation [see post below] the girls and I spent the day with our friend Amy doing some fun stuff of our own.

We started the day with filling in for dad at their usual daddy-daughter activity since the project was a police car with a real siren. Good thing Amy was there because I'm obviously not so coordinated when it comes to nailing things together. I broke a piece. Awesome mom award right here.





Next destination: the Coast. First stop was the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Let's just say: YUM. Sydney kept giving me kisses... how sweet. Then I realized she was tasting the ice cream on my lips. Smart girl!






We went to Seaside and it was the PERFECT beach day! Sunny, no wind, great temperature. I've never seen so many people on an Oregon beach. Seoul had fun sitting & digging in the sand. She and Amy dug a hole big enough for Sydney to stand in. Sydney had no qualms about laying in (and eating) the sand. The water was freezing but both girls touched it... briefly. It was great to enjoy a day out.













Of course we had to stop at the carousel since we were in Seaside. Seoul loves it! The second time she went she chose the giraffe and went on it by herself even. She was so pleased with herself!




Unfortunately the girls were so tired that the drive home wasn't the most pleasant with various degrees of crying / screaming. (My girls do not fall asleep in the car simply because they are tired - quite the contrary.) So, we stopped at Olive Garden for some yummy dinner... and to break up the noise. All in all it was a super fun day!

No comments: