Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Kelley!

We are so lucky to have this handsome man in our lives! He loves us, provides for us, plays with us, holds the Priesthood in our home, motivates us, and above all... makes us laugh!



His actual birthday was pretty low-key. We took him out to lunch to celebrate. Then in the evening we had his requested dinner: chicken fettucine alfredo with broccoli and texas toast. I made a yummy carrot cake (from this recipe - SO delish http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/05/carrot-cake-supreme/).



The girls were excited to give him his gifts. This year Seoul was very specific about what she thought Kelley wanted: a yo-yo, shoot guns, a puzzle, and a tie.  I was hard-pressed to dissuade her otherwise... so I didn't. Sydney got him a ball. Pink, of course. I got a silly little helicopter he can fly with his iPhone. It was super windy that night so when he tried it out, it ended up on the rooftop of the 2nd story house across the street. (A neighbor saved the day and got it down for us.)




We love him! As the man of the house he is the best we could ever ask for!
Happy Birthday dear Kelley!



[We had a family celebration at Bullwinkle's later that month, but it will be a separate post.]

{Why yes, this is posted the same month as his birthday!}

No comments: