My old roommates formed a team to do The Color Run in Portland. I thought I read somewhere the Portland race had 15,000 runners. They had waves of 1,500 going every 15 minutes. Insane! I didn't get any pictures at the beginning of the race since I didn't carry my phone.
At the beginning of the summer I was gung-ho and did the couch-to-5K program again. I made it to 3.5 miles... and then stopped running. Lost motivation because I started training too early, I suppose. So every now and then I'd get gung-ho and run again but nothing real consistent. Leading up to the run I was going just once a week, maybe 1-1.5 miles at a time. My goal was still to run the entire thing without walking.
Well, I did it! Didn't walk a single step. Brittney mapped it as 3.7 miles so no wonder I struggled at the end without knowing why. She was a champ and stayed with me until the last .25 miles when she surged again. She was smart, and trained every day, though! I was pretty pleased with myself for finishing.
Thanks for the motivation Brittney!!
I love my family so much! I'm so grateful for Kelley supporting me in all my crazy endeavors. He had the fun of entertaining the girls for an hour from the start to finish since I had to wait for my wave of runners to start. There were just a few minor issues. I hope the girls come to enjoy exercising in many different forms like I do. (Yep, call me crazy!)
My {old} roommates Jessica and Brittney. This is our second 5K run together - the last was two years ago. I think they have aspirations to run a 10K next, and potentially a half/full marathon. Me? Not so much. I'm solid at a 5K these days. I don't love running so much. In high school I could barely run a mile and I honestly never thought I'd run much further than that so I'm pleased with my running abilities now.
{September 2012}
1 comment:
That looks pretty fun Joo. I say you never appreciate how far a mile really is until you are a runner. It is real far. Good job!
Post a Comment