We love camping with our friend's, the Springer's, every year! This year we went back to Silver Falls State Park and it was so fun!
Unfortunately Sydney got sick as we were preparing to go. So Seoul and I ventured out on our own while Kelley stayed home with Sydney. Was I excited to go without half our family? Not so much, but Seoul's excitement was contagious. The drive was beautiful... but as it went into the forest I was a bit concerned about the lack of cell phone reception to check on Sydney. I trusted Kelley and let it go.
I got the tent set up easily, and Seoul helped unload our stuff. She was excited she brought her scooter. The Springer Family arrived and set up their camp. Then we prepped dinner - hot dogs / bratwurst, chips, fruit - the usual easy first night camping dinner. So glad Randy is along for the campfire, although there is always a bit of drama with that. Can't beat s'mores! Seoul wouldn't eat any, though. She was tired and just asked to get into the tent. She got ready for bed early, and actually stayed in the tent by herself while I visited.

Seoul slept well - she just wanted to cuddle close and hold my hand all night. Early morning I woke up to rain - boo! Totally unexpected but at least it stayed dry throughout the day. We headed to Stayton so I could get cell reception and check on my baby. Kelley said she didn't sleep well - he thought she missed Seoul. They've never been apart at night before. If she was feeling OK he was going to come down to the park for dinner. We went hiking at the South Falls and enjoyed being behind the waterfall. I planned a nature walk with candies for the things kids found from the pictures I printed. They had fun getting candy!
Dinner was yummy - hobo dinners - but I botched the pineapple upside down cake, and I was SO excited for it! I cooked it way too long so it completely burned. Kelley & Sydney came up for a while. The kids played near the water throwing rocks. We attempted pictures - Brittany has more on her camera so maybe one day I'll get those posted.

Our last day - it was so fun to be out there in nature with good friends. We had breakfast then headed to the North Falls for a bit more camping. The Springer's did the short hike then their kiddos were tired. Seoul wanted to keep going so we went further down the loop. I didn't know the big North Falls let you walk the rim behind the waterfall. We had to go up and down about 75 steps and Seoul was a champ! People even commented on what a good little walker she is!
At home we all took naps. Sydney was feeling better, which was good.

Our awesome friends!
We always get a family photo by this big tree! Can't wait to have the whole family next year!
Notables:
- I should never be in charge of breakfast! It took forever to do the eggs in a bag for breakfast burritos for some reason. Every year it's a trial. Plus our gas was leaking in the camp stove so we couldn't use it.
- Seoul's favorite thing was taking her dalmation puppy - he went on the slide and hiking with us.
{August 2012}
No comments:
Post a Comment