Thursday, November 15, 2007

2nd Interview!

So remember I had an interview this past Monday? Well, I thought that it went horrible. It was a technical interview and I was expecting something more like a normal interview when I arrived there. I believe that if I would have know this that I would have been better prepared for this type of technical questions. They were drilling me with technical questions about networking and security questions and I knew about half of them, another quarter of the questions I knew but couldn't remember due to the added pressure and then the rest I wasn't able to answer

I was down in the dumps the next day because I really liked the company, Symantec, and I thought that I blew my opportunity to impress them. The following day, I got a call back and was and was terrified to hear what I thought was going to be some bad news. The lady that I have been in contact with during this whole process is located in San Francisco while the actual interview took place in Springfield. She called me on Tuesday and asked me how I thought it went and I told her straight up that I thought that I struggled big time! Then to my amazement she then said that they were impressed with me and wanted to continue the process. This was an amazing feeling.

So I filled out some more paper work and then got a call today and the lady said that they were still very interested in me and wanted to set up another interview with me for Monday. I accepted and now I have what they call a behavioral interview.

I wasn't sure what this was and had to google it so that I could be more prepared for it. To my surprise, it is a personal interview where they want me to tell them about my past experiences. To me, this is just another word for a personal interview but I guess like soda and pop, they have different meanings in different regions.

Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

Good luck Kelley! So would you have to move to San Francisco if you took the job?

Jennifer

Kelley said...

Nope...the job would be in Springfield. I guess their HR department is based out of the SF office.

I dont really like the idea of being so close to Eugene (BOO DUCKS!) but if I get a job I will have to deal with that. Plus we would probably stay in Corvallis anyway so that the wife wouldn't have to commute to work.