I had my second interview (officially it has been my third, I had a phone interview also) with Symantec yesterday. I am trying to be modest but I did extremely well.
It was the behavioral interview, and they asked me to tell them information about my past work experiences that tied back into the questions that they had asked. I was well prepared and I was able to answer their questions quite confidently and easily using great examples of my past work experience. They believe that future successful work experiences can tie into how well someone is going to be in the future. I even answered their follow up questions to their main question as I described them. I think that they liked this too.
I think I even WOW'ed them when they asked a question, that they hadn't planned on asking but asked anyway, and I gave an answer that no one has ever given them. The question entailed an advanced scenario and they asked me what I would do after basic troubleshooting didn't find any cure for a clients problems with a computer on their network. I told them that the first thing I would do is to unplug the computer from the network. Before I could elaborate more they interrupted me and said that was correct and that no one has ever given that answer and that it was one of the interviewers pet peeves that he always drilled into the interviewees about the importance of this. He said that he was prepared to do the same thing this time around but I had answered correctly so I didn't have to listen to him go off about it. I also was able to recognize what they were referring to in the scenario and referred to it by name, a root kit, and they were impressed with that too. After we all regrouped I went off to tell them the importance of why unplugging the computer was important. The main reason why it is important is that you don't want what is affecting that computer to spread to other computers on their network.
I have already got a call back and they want to set up one more interview. With Thanksgiving this week, I am not sure if they will be able to fit me into their schedule but I am hoping so that I don't have to stress about the whole situation over the long weekend.
Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers and I will make sure to keep everyone posted on the outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment