Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Symantec


The fourth interview looks to be my final interview with Symantec. It was an extension of the behavioral interview and it was a solo meeting between me and a lady in a room the size of our bathroom. I knew that my "ice breaker" of talking Beaver/Duck football wouldn't cut it, so I relied on the "How was your Turkey day?" instead. This interview wasn't as good as the main behavioral interview and it only lasted about half as long as the other. So I was beginning to worry.

So I lied and told Joo Lin that it went well. I didn't want to tell her the truth for some reason because I didn't want to stress her out more. Around 4:30 yesterday, I was studying and I got a call from Sue at Symantec. I was surprised to hear from her and I was getting a nasty feeling inside because I was expecting some bad news from her.

She asked me how it went and I told her that I thought the other behavioral interview went better. I told her that it was strange because the questions were similar and I felt strange about giving the same answers. She then proceeded to tell me that they're still really interested in me and that I was their top candidate for the position and then she proceeded to tell me that the manager wanted to do whatever it takes to get me on-board with them. I told her that I was excited about the offer and I am now waiting to hear from them to start the salary negotiation process.

I really don't know how to negotiate but I want to get a fair amount of money as my education and eight years of experience should allow. So today I talked to my strategic management professor and my brother in law to gather some helpful tips and ideas for negotiating with them. So hopefully we can get something put together soon. We will keep you posted.

No comments: