I did the unthinkable one morning. I took a good chunk of a day and went away WITHOUT MY CHILDREN. As much as I love my girls, it was fantastic! I joined some Relief Society sisters on the Portland 4T hike. I’d never heard of it – so glad I went! It was nice to get some much needed exercise, fresh air, and time sans kids. The 4 T’s stand for Trolley (Portland streetcar), Train (Max), Trail (4 mile hike), and Tram (OHSU Aerial Tram). It is a well-marked trail that takes you all over Portland and it is so neat!
First we rode the trolley into Portland. Lots of laughter and joking that none of us get out of Canby much.
Then we rode the train and ended up at the Zoo.
Next up was hiking. I forgot how much I love hiking! I impressed myself that I didn’t die from being so out of shape. It was relatively strenuous… rewarding when we reached the top!
We made it to the top!
The tram is always a fun ride. I honestly enjoy heights… looking down over everything! It would be awesome to fly!
It was a fun adventure getting back to the car in the parking garage. Somehow none of us ladies remembered where we had parked! It made for some good laughs! Final stop were the food trucks in Portland. I was actually pretty excited for this because we like the show “The Great Food Truck Race” and I’ve never experienced eating from one before. I know, I’m a nerd. After walking the block, I finally settled on Hawaiian Food and it was delicious. I love some good shoyu chicken. The favorite food of choice seemed to be tasty Gyros. Yummy times! A few of us then ventured into the fountain… felt so great to splash around and act like a kid for a few minutes.
This was so fun! I’m so glad to know the ladies I do and get to know some better. New experiences, sunshine, laughter… what a fabulous day!
{Pictures borrowed from a friend’s blog – thanks! I remembered my camera but forgot the battery pack in the charger.}
Oh, and a shout out to Kelley and Dana for getting the girls up and taking care of them a good chunk of the day. They didn’t miss me at all!
{July 2013}
No comments:
Post a Comment