Wednesday, October 02, 2013

P.I.G.S. Preschool recap

So I had the privilege of teaching some wonderful kids this past year. I didn't blog about the days while they happened so here they are in a nutshell:

S is for shadows, silhouettes, and shapes. 
For recess the kids played in the sandbox and on the swings.

T is for turkeys, thank you's, and trains.

F is for fish, fingers, and families.

R is for rain, rainbows, rocks, and rockets.

Q is for quarters, q-tip painting, and question words.
Plus a field trip to Dairy Queen!

Review Day - fun alphabet and counting games! I even threw in the movie: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom for fun :)

U is for underwater art, under/over activity, umbrellas, and United States.

E is for ears, eyes, emotions, exercise, and experiments.

J is for jumping jacks, jack & jill, jelly beans, and jellyfish.

K is for kisses, kites, and kangaroos.
Plus a trip to Burger King for donut holes.

Z is for ZOO!! We love our field trips. 
This was soon after Janeece had her baby Hazel and I had baby Sierra so we brought our helpers :) The kids are so cute in their matching t-shirts!

What a neat bunch of kids! I'm so glad to have had this experience!
My lesson learned: plan more rather than less.

Sydney also loved participating! She was sad when it was at the other houses and she didn't get to participate. I have to say Syd is such a smarty pants... she was trying real hard to catch up with the other kids in knowing letters and sounds.

{Sept 2012 thru May 2013}

1 comment:

The Evans Family said...

Preschool was soooo fun! You did awesome things. One of my favorites that you did was S is for shadow. In fact, Grace was just talking about it the other day. She still remembers! And those rockets? They were a hit! So glad we could do that together. Thanks for teaching my kids so well! They sure grew a lot over the year.