Seoul had her first year of preschool, and what a great year it was! I had no idea what I was doing, but Janeece and Adrienne were such neat women to work with. Phillip, Isaac, Grace, and Seoul are a great bunch of kids and got along well together! We all learned so much and have such fun experiences to remember. I loved watching these kids grow from this:
to this:
To end the fun year, we had a graduation party - PIGS theme, of course! Adrienne helped the kids make invitations to send to grandparents/family members. So cute!

Then we celebrated in Janeece's beautiful yard - she put together a wonderful party.
"Recess" first, of course!
The kids recited the Pledge of Allegiance and Articles of Faith 1 & 2 they memorized throughout the year. Smart kids!
Each child then spent a few minutes talking about their favorite things they learned. I was impressed by their memories and had fun remembering working on various projects with them. It was so neat to see their personalities shine.
Our sweet Seoul really opened up this year, but like me, she doesn't like being the center of attention. At least I got her up at the front and eventually she {quietly} talked. Her favorite projects were the volcano, the glitter G, the letter S with the shapes book, the opposites book, and family tree.
We had diplomas and a gift to present to each child. These photo books we put together turned out fantastic! Seoul carried hers around with her for a long time, and still enjoys going through it.
{See bottom of post for a link to view it}
Then on to some tasty PIG-themed goodies! Pigs in a blanket, pork & beans, piggy buns, mini ham pizzas, other yummies... and these adorable cupcakes. Good company, lovely weather, and delicious food - all the elements of a great party!
Thank you, Janeece and Adrienne, for such a delightful and positive experience!
Of course we have to document these cuties - the first of many graduation experiences for the little one. Yay!
It has been so special to see Seoul grow and develop. I know it was in large part due to these wonderful ladies that lovingly urged her to open up and share her personality. Initially she didn't want to go to preschool (see post here) but then learned to love it and look forward to it every week. I'm amazed at the changes that happened in just 9 short months. We love our Seoul!
Here is the photo book if you'd like to view it. We love it! I am so glad we could capture the activities, smiles, and friendship.
My story: unfortunately preschool didn't help me learn to procrastinate less. So for some reason I left all my pages to do at the end. Sweet little Sierra made her debut into the world 3 weeks early so my task list (with this on it) went kaput. I figured out how to use Shutterfly and do my pages the week after she was born... I enjoy doing this type of thing but to learn something new, find the time with a newborn, and feel alert enough to make coherent pages.... this should teach me the lesson of doing everything in a timely fashion! Ya never know what could happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment